Sunday, June 24, 2018

A Bat Mitzva On My Block.......Or as Paul Rever said: "The Yiddish are coming!"

I was never really good at shooting Bat Mitzvahs. Or Bar Mitzvahs. Frankly, I never really tried. And that incident with the Lipschitz twins early on in my career really put the kabash on that possible career choice. But times change and a buck is a buck, so this past weekend I did photograph a Bat Mitzva, right, as it happens, on my block. I have to admit it was noticeably different from the family affairs of my youth. Politics played a role in the proceedings. There was also more music and colorful dress than I remember. All in all, it was not a totally unpleasant weekend. I could have done without some parts of it. Just saying. Anyway, some snapshots.  My fav is the last shot, our Rabbi, truly spiritual lady. I hope I managed to capture a bit of that spiritually.   















No comments: