Monday, October 22, 2018

The Best Tacos In The World





There are a bunch of places to get tacos along Roosevelt Avenue in Queens. I don't mean restaurants: there are lots more of those. No, I mean the sidewalk stands and carts that serve the grab-and-go kind of tacos like they sell on street corners in every city and town in Mexico, only your chances of not regretting your dining choice are lots better on Roosevelt Avenue. One of these serves the best tacos in the world which is why I occasionally hop the E train for a quick lunch out there. There is also a particular pandorea on the way back to the subway where, as in the originals in Mexico, still warm pastries are served up in bins. Pick up a favorite and down it with a cafe con leche at the tiny counter. . And yesterday happened to be the Bolivian Day Parade. I don't know that until I was out there. Lots of beautiful ladies in wonderful costumes who were all happy I was there to shoot their photos. It don't get no better!