Wednesday, July 5, 2017

July 4th





I spent  July 4th in a town  somewhere in the middle of America. Each year they celebrate the day with a parade. The entire town gets decorated for the occasion: streets, homes and people all done up in red, white and blue. People set up picnic tables in their driveways and lawn chairs along the curbs to reserve their spots. They have been holding this parade since 1911.  Many residents trace their families there even longer. This 4th had a bit of rain early on, but it turned sunny and everyone looked happy. I had a hot dog at a church booth. I shot lots of photos. I would like to go back next year.  Or maybe before that.  Somebody told me that they have another parade on St.Patrick's Day .................
















1 comment:

Cave Howl Fool said...

Beautiful album Maury. Those photos Smell of Americana.. Thanks and God Bless the USA!